Associate Production Manager
Yale Schwarzman Center (YSC) seeks an experienced Associate Production Manager.
The Associate Production Manager plays a key role as part of a dedicated and fast-paced production department, supporting all events and program production activity at the Center. Reporting to the Production Manager and working closely with the other members of the production team, this role will lead or assist projects as assigned by the Director of Production or Production Manager; assist the Production Manager on individual projects; and perform other ongoing responsibilities to support the smooth execution of events in the Center. This APM will carry out duties while exercising a high degree of autonomy and discretion, while working to foster an inclusive and respectful working environment around production activity at the Center and on campus in general.
Yale Schwarzman Center is committed to driving positive social change. We are building an inclusive, equitable, and anti-racist organization made up of individuals who share and support the goals set forth in the Center’s mission, and who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
For more information, please see https://schwarzman.yale.edu
In collaboration with the rest of the Production team:
- Manage production process for each assigned project. Coordinates with Front of House operations and ensures that the Front of House policies are created consistently with the presentation vision of each program or event
- Facilitate the flow of information and alignment of activity among Schwarzman Center departments and units.
- Serve as liaison between the Center and clients and participate in day-of execution of productions as needed
- Contribute to creation of production budgets with Production Manager and Director of Production. Work with production and artistic teams to arrive at artistic execution that aligns with project budgets, available resources, and organization values.
- Collaborate with and assist other Production staff as necessary.
- Help to ensure the highest levels of production and client service possible
- Collaborate interdepartmentally across the university to identify systemic barriers that are inconducive to an inclusive environment. Help implement inclusive best practices.
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to understand, question, and transform work systems, structures, and practices to reflect anti-racist values.
- Attend production meetings, staff meetings, other meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In support of the overall mission, plans, directs and oversees programmatic activities.
- Develops, implements, and maintains operational policies and procedures.
- Managers program communications; identifies outreach potential, and promotes philanthropic and collaborative support of the program.
- Works closely with leadership, internal and external colleagues, and community residents to further develop and implement strategic plans.
- Identifies, solicits, and cultivates community partnerships and collaborations to assist in the development and growth of the program.
- Tracks all program activities and regularly informs leadership of progress on each initiative. Recommends structural or programmatic adjustments, changes or additions based on full knowledge of missions, goals, and objectives. Develops metrics to identify and measure the success of the program.
- Assists in identifying and evaluating potential future funding sources, and contributes to the submission of grants and contracts supporting the program, including the annual submission and writing of all content areas and budgetary sections of grant applications.
- Develops and manages the program’s operating budget.
- Manages the administrative infrastructure of the program. Manages human resources including staffing and hiring, supervision, performance development, counseling and discipline, if warranted. Oversees and manages information systems, facilities, and space needs.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of production-related health and safety best practices and concerns and ability to identify and correct potential hazards.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize complex workload.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and flexibly with a large number of faculty, staff, students, community members, guest artists, and other professionals representing a wide diversity of personalities and cultures.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related area and two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Event management and live entertainment experience preferred.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to climb stairs, inspect roofs, access crawl spaces.
- Ability to lift 50lb.
Weekend Hours Required? Occasional
Evening Hours Required? Occasional
Drug Screen? No
Health Screening? No