Great coffee. Great eats. Plus a stage.
Located on the lower level of the Yale Schwarzman Center, The Underground is a signature space for casual dining and entertainment – a contemporary, open design that makes for easy gathering and happy collision with friends and new faces. On the menu: delicious fare with a flair and a stage showcasing stand-up, spoken word, sports broadcasts, and other performances and programs
Changes in Service
- Elm is closed at this time. Please check back for updates.
Standard Service Hours
- Open Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Closed Saturday-Sunday
Dining in The Underground
- Elm & Ivy are two dining options located in The Underground.
- Elm is now open Monday–Friday, 8am to 5pm, and offers a variety of selections highlighting global flavors.
- Eli Bucks, dining points, and credit card accepted
On the Menu
- Coffee & Tea: Our signature coffee is freshly roasted right at Elm! Plus, enjoy espresso beverages, regional & seasonal specials, assorted teas and more.
- Pastries & Desserts: Delicious pastries from local New Haven’s own Sanctuary Kitchen and Havenly await. Don't miss our signature Olive Oil Chocolate Chunk cookie!
- Gelato: When you need a little something sweet – choose a cup or waffle cone with a few scoops of your favorite flavor with your choice of toppings.
- Sandwiches: Our selection of delectable sandwiches are served with mixed baby greens, starting at 11am! Soups and composed side salads also available.
- Sushi, Snacks & More: Freshly made sushi, a wide array of snack and beverages are available in the cooler for convenient grab and go.