Audience Services Manager, Yale Schwarzman Center
Yale Schwarzman Center (YSC) seeks an Audience Services Manager to create a high-quality experience for all audience stakeholders.
Opening in 2021, Yale Schwarzman Center (YSC) will be the first-ever center for student life and the arts at Yale University. The Center is designed to bring together students and faculty from all of Yale’s schools and colleges – a university-wide educational, social, dining, and cultural hub that engages with audiences local to global, with the help of state-of-the-art technology. YSC is committed to driving positive social change through collaboration, wellness, and belonging. We are building an anti-racist organization peopled by individuals who share and support this mission, and who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Audience Services Manager is responsible for creating a cohesive and high-quality experience for all audience stakeholders, including undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, visiting artists and other guests, and the broader university and New Haven community. The Manager will develop and execute creative strategies for positive and ongoing visitor engagement, while fostering an inclusive and respectful working environment.
Because YSC is a unique multi-purpose venue with arts, dance, music, theatrical, dining, and meeting spaces, this position requires the ability to exercise a high degree of autonomy and discretion, and an understanding of audience services as the co-creation of value. Successful candidates will have supervisory experience and demonstrated excellence in the areas of visitor experience, box office and data management, and front of house management in a theatrical production context.
- VISITOR EXPERIENCE
- Develop and implement strategies, plans, policies, and procedures to ensure a customer focused and inclusive audience experience.
- Ensure consistency and high standards for customer service across the Center.
- Serve as lead Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) coordinator to ensure accessibility compliance and enact new programs to address all aspects of an inclusive patron experience.
- Analyze customer service issues and recommend solutions and participate in the resolution process.
- Oversee floor staff and student workers to ensure the smooth operation of events and activities.
- Interface with security, hospitality, facilities, and custodial staff.
- Advise on signage and wayfinding within the venue and for events.
- Proactively inform YSC team on risks to stellar customer service and recommend solutions.
- BOX OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Develop ticketing, pricing, and audience loyalty strategies.
- Develop, monitor, and reconcile department budget; oversees reconciliation of financial records.
- Manage box office operations, including ticketing platform.
- Serve as ticketing platform expert resource. Develop appropriate department-specific policies, procedures, and training.
- DATA MANAGEMENT
- Serve as Client Relationship Management (CRM) platform expert.
- Proactively maximize the value and quality of data introduced into CRM systems.
- Develop audience data management policies, procedures, and training.
- Maintain custom reports, pull data, and provide market analyses.
- FRONT OF HOUSE
- Supervise event coordinators, front of house staff, and other student staff as assigned.
- Supervise, mentor, and train students in internships and professional work assignments.
- Collaborate with technical production staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience with creating policies and procedures for customer service, visitor services, and/or front of house. Superior attention to detail. Excellent communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to empathize.
- Demonstrated experience with customer service and/or visitor experience issues.
- Experience with databases, ticketing platform(s), CRM software. Technological problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- Ability to work on evenings and weekends.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and four years professional experience in management of a computerized theater box office, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred education, experience, and skills
Professional experience in a university environment. Experience with EMS, Salesforce, and/or ArtsVision a plus.