The Schwarzman Center will transform the historic Commons and three floors of the adjacent Memorial Hall, both built for the university’s 1901 bicentennial. Browse the information below to learn more about the existing complex.
The Schwarzman Center includes:
- The main floor and basement of Commons.
- The basement and upper two floors of Memorial Hall.
- The center does not include Woolsey Hall, although the intention is to coordinate programming.
About the existing complex
- Building location
- Floor plan
- 360 view of Commons Dining Hall
- A history of Commons
Yale Alumni Magazine, December 1995
- A history of Memorial Hall
Yale Alumni Magazine, May 1994
- Historic facts
|Photos by Michael Marsland/Yale University|